Sunday 12 April 2015

Finish Along 2015 Q2

It's April, Spring was definitely here last week (though appears to have vanished again today) and it's time to lay out my Q2 finish along plans.


2015 FAL at On the Windy Side


Along with Leeds MQG I've been on a Siblings Together mission. We have pooled our scraps, stashes and resources to make a whole pile of quilt tops and backs to turn into finished quilts for the charity. I spent yesterday with four lovely friends transforming some donated small quilt tops from Katy Jones into useable sizes. Which means we now have a HUGE pile of quilts to finish. I have a couple of them here and am putting them at the top of my FAL list.

1. Siblings Together purple quilt


This scraptastic offering is now pieced and quilted and just needs the binding sewing down on the back.

2 Siblings Together pink home sweet home quilt


Pieced by me from donated blocks, also have some donated scrappy binding and we made a backing yesterday. Need to baste, quilt and bind.

3. Siblings Together colour blocks quilt


This top and back were donated by Katy Jones. Need to baste, quilt and bind to finish this one.

Now for the rollovers 

4. Churn dash block cushion

giant churn dash

This would only take an evening if I just got on with it ...

5. Aviatrix medallion

It's slow progress, but it's progress #aviatrixmedallion #aviatrixmedallionqal

I love piecing. This should make a nice change from all the quilting this quarter.

6. Skill builder BOM


It's probably fair to say that this won;t get finished this quarter. But you've got to be in it to win it, right?

Anyway, I think that's sufficient. Linking up with Adrienne!


2 comments:

  1. I love your aviatrix! I can't wait to see what you do with it next

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post. Informative, thanks for sharing.
    Broadway fabrics

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for your comment :-)