So February is a short month, plus I've been away for the last week of it, AND it was the month I started writing my blog ... so they are all my excuses for a rather pitiful mosaic of (almost) finishes.
Top left, knickers for Jo in Sonia's Valentine's knickers swap. Rather a lot of sewing energy spent on those.
Top right, a cushion finish with a random pinwheel block.
And bottom right my Playground quilt top.
I am the kind of sewer who tends to work on one big project at a time rather than lots of smaller makes so I can't imagine future monthly round ups will be much more prolific!
A particularly lovely finish to February was getting home late Friday night to a mysterious little parcel containing this:
It's a very generous piece of those sweet green biking Catnap mice so kindly sent to be by Mary, a fellow fabric-faster who saw my wanties post and decided to help out. I'm not sure what I will do with this yet but it will be something for the smallest girl.
I did also purchase a 15m roll of cotton batting from Lady Sew and Sew - thanks for all the recommendations - so from now on it will be lack of motivation not lack of batting stopping me from actually finishing quilts rather than just tops. It arrived just the day before we left for Center Parcs so no basting has happened as yet!
Which brings me to me March to do list. I usually make a WIP list but then forget about my intended makes so this combines both WIPs and WNQIPs (works not quite in progress) - but for which I have the doings and intentions. Just need the time!
It's too dark to get a picture of my project board so ...
- Siblings Together March block
- Voile Sparkling Cider quilt - piece top, baste, quilt, bind
- Playground quilt - baste, quilt, bind
- Skill Builder BOM <sigh>
- Soy Amado QAYG blocks for Alison. I have some lonely blocks and want to do this. Read more here.
- More knickers! Because mine are super comfy and I love them.
- A Staple dress with some lovely Koi voile. Going round in circles on this but Justine gave me a kick up the bum yesterday so I want to get the pattern and get to it so I can wear it to our next Leeds MQG meeting. It should be a quick make.
- Oh and some baby boy bibs for a friend's new baby. Fanfare flannel, lovely.
|Fabrics all pre-washed and ready to go ...|
Also linking my tiny new little blog up with Lynne's Small Blog Meet